The CRCNA newsletters provide updates on recently launched projects, the latest project reports, upcoming events and details of our funding calls.
To receive our newsletters directly in your inbox subscribe to CRCNA updates.
- 29 January 2021 – The publication of the northern Western Australian de-risking agricultural development report concludes the first stage of the CRCNA's broader program of research in this space, 11 higher education scholarships are finalised and two of our project participants take out an Australia Day award.
- 18 December 2020 – The CRCNA commits $6.8 million towards 13 new projects from the 2020 open funding call, a new project looking at new using sugar cane for energy kicks off, blockchain technology helps far north Queensland irrigators and a new telehealth project hopes to transform telehealth care service delivery across the north.
- 27 November 2020 – The first State of the North is launched at the Developing Northern Australia conference in Rockhampton, the CRCNA holds its first professional development workshop for its student cohort and the Business on Country land diversification strategy and Land Use Plans goes live.
- 13 November 2020 – Two new Directors are appointed to the CRCNA Board, read the CRCNA's Annual Report for 2019/20, a new report finds new agricultural development across the NT is tipped to reach $1 billion in next decade and the final research report for the Queensland de-risking agricultural development is now available.
- 9 October 2020 – Our Tropical Rock Oyster project in WA reaches a significant milestone, learn more about our new co-mapping project with Centrefarm Aboriginal Horticulture and don't forget to register for the Developing Northern Australia conference in Rockhampton 23-25 November 2020.
- 24 September 2020 – A reminder about our EOIs closing, read our latest research output from the expanding horticulture industries in Northern Australia, our Tropical Rock Oyster team in the NT update us on their recent activities and a date saver for our Annual General Meeting.
- 21 August 2020 – Minister for Resources, Water and Northern Australia, Hon Keith Pitt MP drops by our Townsville office for a meet and greet, in case you missed it watch the Northern Australia health situational analysis webinar and catch up the latest from our sesame trials in Central Queensland.
- 24 July 2020 – Read about a proposed 5-year roadmap to improve digital inclusion and connectivity across Northern Australia, meet our new Qld Project Manager and our fourth open funding call opens seeking EOIs for research collaborations in agriculture and food, northern health service delivery and Traditional Owner-led business development.
- 12 June 2020 – A new report from Advance Cairns examines the export opportunities for FNQ producers, read our discussion paper on reframing smart supply chains in Northern Australia and meet one of our embedded PhD students working on our Kakadu Plum project with UQ QAAFI.
- 15 May 2020 – Our new blockchain water trading project kicks off in FNQ, our project team in WA have a major breakthrough breeding Black Lip Oysters for the first time in a hatchery and have your say on the National Agricultural Workforce Strategy with links to the discussion papers and online survey.
- 1 May 2020 – Read our Northern Australia forestry and forest products situational analysis report, we welcome our new full-time Western Australian project manager and read our international market analysis report on South Korea.
- 9 April 2020 – Meet our AgriFutures Horizon Scholarship winners, catch up on the latest developments in our Spicing up the North project and read the team's market analysis reports and learn more about a recent field trip to China, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- 28 February 2020 – A report identifies new opportunities for producers in Mackay, Isaac, Whitsunday region, appointment new Board Director endorsed, our Qld & NT Project Managers switch roles, R & D tax incentive webinar.
- 14 February 2020 – CRCNA releases its first discussion paper, project updates from the Tropical Rock Oyster team, the spicing up the North and the broadacre cropping teams and read the latest sesame seed market analysis report.
- 20 December 2019 – Funding boost for hi-tech mangoes, a new project to de-risk Top End agricultural development , updates from our Kakadu Plum/Gubinge and condiment cropping project teams, save the dates for the Northern Australia aquaculture workshop in Rockhampton and our R & D tax incentive information session with AusIndustry.
- 15 November 2019 – The CRCNA's annual report is now available to read, project leaders lead discussions at international conference, the world is our oyster - the CRCNA launches it's largest project to date, catch up on the latest project activities and read our latest key market reports from the team completing the NA horticulture export project.
- 18 October 2019 – The CRCNA gears up for TropAg Conference, call to Qld horticulture producers to complete an online survey and watch a new video about transforming the future of mangoes.
- 20 September 2019 – Project investment update, identifying investors for NA agricultural development, and an update from our forestry and communications projects.
- 26 July 2019 – Reframing NA supply chains launch, NT aquaculture workshops, Kakadu plum and Horticulture updates, Education Coordinator appointed.
- 14 July 2019 – New study identifies billions in unmet market demand, project investment update and our northern Australian communications analysis kicks off.
- 10 May 2019 – New project announcements, CRCNA teams up with AustCham ASEAN, bush products workshop in NT hears from industry, new mango crops planted in FNQ.