Reference number: A.1.1718117
Total project value : $470,146
CRCNA funding: $181,163
Project length: 10 months
Finish date: June 2019
• Northern Territory Cattlemen’s Association
• AgForce Queensland
• Kimberley Pilbara Cattlemen’s Association
• Cattle Council of Australia
• Meat and Livestock Australia
This project will identify key challenges and opportunities facing the northern Australian beef sector by exploring potential solutions and identifying the most strategic research projects in order to develop priorities for further investment.
This research will include and not be limited to: infrastructure, policy, investment, environmental, production, knowledge, training and human capital gaps and the research or alternative solutions to address them.
The report will provide recommendations in all key areas identified to facilitate growth and development of the northern Australian Beef Industry.
- A report which defines the potential of the northern beef industry in accordance with the various strategic plans, combined with thorough stakeholder engagement.
- This report will produce an articulate summation of research requirements and an action plan for the industry and the CRCNA to inform and guide future investment.