The CRCNA has identified the following focus areas for round one of funding.
Strategic trade and relationship building
- Seek alignment with DFAT, AUSTRADE, State/NT Dept. Trade Offices priorities and agendas.
- Strengthen new or immature industries with little or no existing market access capabilities.
Major policy challenges
- Identify policy/regulatory barriers to investment including barriers related to water, energy, enabling infrastructure and tenure.
- Seek alignment with Ministerial Forum including Qld, WA, NT and Commonwealth, Health Roundtable, ONA (COAG), NAIF, Northern RDA Alliance and other pan-northern sectoral priorities.
- Collate and present data in a meaningful form to enable the development of strategies suitable for the resolution of major policy issues and regulatory harmonisation.
Sector led growth opportunities
- Support the export of knowledge, skills, technology and expertise that have been developed and perfected within Australia.
- Include service industries to agriculture, food and health.
Regional/area based projects
- Support place-based resource and development assessments for priority regions within Northern Australia that help to establish new industries or to grow or improve existing industries.
- Align with the development priority and investment agendas of the Australian, QLD, WA and NT Governments and RDAs.
- Support the utilisation and development of emerging digital technology.
- Support the utilisation and development of applied robotics.
- Support other strategic innovations that will lift human and community capacity.